Lagoon Beauty Professional Make-up Artistry course is designed for learners with
little or no current experience. This practical course is designed to teach the
fundamental techniques and skills of make-up artistry. It is aimed at 16+ learners
who wish to pursue a career in the beauty industry.
Upon completion of this course you will be awarded:
Advanced Professional Make-up Artistry Diploma
What does this course cover?
This course is based on attaining professional competence as a make-up artist and includes the required elements to work effectively as such. Learners must achieve all mandatory Units.
Key knowledge, tools and prep
• Introduction to the tool kit
• Make-up artist hygiene
• Anatomy and physiology
• Skin prep, type and undertones
• Colour theory
Foundations of make-up
• Primers, Corrective and camouflage techniques
• Foundations selection and application.
• Shading and Highlighting -Blusher, Bronzer & Highlighter
• No make-up, make-up how to Create glowing skin
Eyes, brows and lips
• Eyebrow shaping
• Make up for eyes, techniques for eye shape
• Smokey eyes/ Pencil/liquid liner
• False lash application
• Lipstick, glosses and liner
Bridal make-up artistry and consultation
• Bridal makeup
• Mother of the bride- mature makeup
Male, ethnic and body make-up
• Ethnic makeup.
• How to apply male makeup
• Body Makeup
• Understanding photography lighting
• Photography makeup
• Black and white photography makeup
High fashion make-up
• Fashion and editorial and catwalk makeup
• Trends and Inspiration
• Creating face charts
Working as a freelancer
• Health and safety
• Essential skills
• Building a professional makeup kit and portfolio
• Building your business
Practical Assessment day
• Applying make- up through creating 3 different looks
Throughout this course, learners will develop their knowledge and understanding of make-up and the make-up industry. They will also develop the ability to apply practically the knowledge, understanding and skills required to work effectively as a make-up artist
Within the mandatory units, learners are required to complete assignments based on make-up application and trends and complete a weekly diary of their learning activity, showing how this has been implemented.
Alongside this, a portfolio of evidence is a mandatory requirement to track the learner’s progress and determine the learner’s understanding and implementation of the knowledge required to attain professional competence.
What could this Course lead to?
The primary purpose of this Course is to provide learners with the basic foundation to advanced skills of make-up principles to prepare for employment as a counter consultant for a make-up brand, or to enter the profession of freelance make-up artistry as a bridal artist. Learners may also want to assist a more senior make-up artist within the fashion, beauty or media industry.
How long will the course last?
The course with 9 fundamental units spread over a 9 -week period.
Please fill out the contact form below to register your interest in the course.